COVID-19 PCR SWAB HOME TEST KIT
Why use our PCR COVID-19 testing service?
We are an ISO17025 UKAS accredited laboratory providing COVID-19 RT-qPCR testing and results within 24 hours of your sample being received.
In our specialist laboratories, we are able to analyse your swab sample using advanced DNA analysis to determine if Coronavirus is present. Unlike many other providers who act as agents, you will deal directly with the laboratory carrying out your test.
The benefits of our Coronavirus PCR testing service
- We conduct the RT-qPCR test, which is the “gold standard” with the highest sensitivity.
- Lowest occurrence of incorrect results 1, 7 of any of the tests currently available.
- Detects low levels of infection 2 which many fast tests cannot.
- Detects all currently known variants* of COVID-19.
- Tests are performed in our laboratories.
- Fit ti Fly travel certificate issued with all tests.
- Results validated by scientists not automated.
- We ensure human genetic material is present as part of the test to ensure an accurate result.
- Approved by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
*Information provided kit manufacturer (28th January 2021) and correct at this time
1. Diagnostic testing and screening for SARS-CoV-2, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. 2. Options for the use of rapid antigen tests for COVID-19 in the EU/EEA and the UK: Technical Report, European Centre of Disease Prevention And Control. 3. International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol 99, pages 190-192 (October 2020). 4. A preliminary evaluation from Porton Down and Oxford University† throws little light on its performance in asymptomatic people or in the field. It suggests the test misses between one in two and one in four cases. The false positive rate of 0.6% means that at the current prevalence in Liverpool, for every person found truly positive, at least one other may be wrongly required to self-isolate. As prevalence drops, this will become much worse.” Mass testing for covid-19 in the UK, BMJ 2020; 371 doi: 5. Scientists urge caution on use of lateral flow tests to screen for Covid-19: Chemistry World, 18th November 2020. 6. Preliminary report from the Joint PHE Porton Down & University of Oxford SARS-CoV-2 test development and validation cell: rapid evaluation of lateral flow viral antigen detection devices (LFDs) for mass community testing. 8 Nov 2020. † Preliminary report from the Joint PHE Porton Down & University of Oxford SARS-CoV-2 test development and validation cell: rapid evaluation of lateral flow viral antigen detection devices (LFDs) for mass community testing. 8 Nov 2020. 7. UK abandons school Covid monitoring as testing devices divide public health scientists: Chemistry World, 25th January 2021.
Order your COVID-19 PCR test
24 hour COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to your door
We offer free tracked postage with all orders of our coronavirus tests and guaranteed next day delivery for our Priority 24 hour service.
If you place your order prior to 12pm Monday – Friday, your order will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed after 12pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. Your COVID-19 home testing kit will be delivered in a discrete package, by Royal Mail or one of our designated courier services to the address of your choice.
Please note We are seeing some postage delays. If you require your test result within a specific timeframe, please ensure you factor in the additional time required to order and return your test kit. MTD will not be liable for any outcomes as a result of postage delays.Buy now
Our PCR tests are supplied with Fit-to-Fly travel certificates as standard
During the current Coronavirus pandemic, many airlines and countries require a mandatory, negative COVID-19 PCR test result confirming that you are COVID free before travel.
Unlike some providers who charge an additional fee for this service, we issue PCR travel certificates / Fit-to Fly certificates at no additional cost.
As travel regulations are subject to change, please keep up to date with the latest Government advice about travel and check the requirements for your destination country before ordering your COVID-19 home test kit.
When should I order my PCR Fit-to-Fly test?
You must ensure you complete your swab test within the testing window set out by your destination country as this may vary. It is reliant on you to check with your airline and destination country about any special requirements for the test &/or certificate and confirm with MTD before submitting test swab that these will be met, to prevent issues later in you travels.
Your destination requires the swab to be taken 72 hours before flight departure time. Your flight departs at 10.00am on Thursday. You must take your swab as early as possible within the testing window but after 10am on the Monday.
Your destination requires the swab to be taken 48hours before flight arrival time. Your flight lands at 11am on Thursday. You must take your swab as early as possible within the testing window but after 11am on the Tuesday.
Please note MTD is not liable for any other associated costs in the event of your results being invalid or if you book your test outside the required timeframe.Buy now
DHSC approved laboratory testing
Your swab will be returned to our UKAS accredited laboratories for full analysis by our team of scientists.
Analysis will be made using a real-time test based on the reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) to detect the genetic code (RNA) of the SARS-COV-2 virus, the virus that causes COVID–19.
Results of your tests are typically available within 24-48 hours of arriving in our laboratories depending on the service you request.
To ensure best results you should self-swab on the day of posting back to our laboratories. If this is not possible the evening before returning your sample to our laboratories is acceptable.
Once the swab is taken and during transit it does not need special storage or handling, but should not be exposed to excessive temperatures. For example storing the swab kit in a hot car (above 28°C) could render the sample unfit for testing.
If you require your results quickly, our priority service guarantees your results within 24 hours after your sample arrives at our laboratory.
With our standard service, your results will normally be ready within 36-48 hours after we receive your sample. Our scientists will ensure that you receive your results as soon as possible.
Please note – our laboratories operate a limited weekend service. If your sample window requires that your test is taken or processed over the weekend contact the laboratory to confirm testing available with view to scheduling a slot. Failure to do this may cause a further delay of 24-48 hours. Slots are offered on a first come basis.
Results will be emailed to the nominated recipient within 24 hours (priority service) and 36-48 hours (standard service) after receipt of the test sample at our laboratories. An official laboratory analysis certificate will be sent to you via email, to serve as proof of your result.
This report will contain details of the test performed including:
- Your name
- Infectious disease tested
- Date of sample
- Testing date
- Test method
- Results summary
- Test provider
- Passport number
COVID-19 is a new, notifiable disease, which means that it’s a legal requirement for MTD to inform Public Health if a positive result is recorded. An individual advised of a positive result, is required to IMMEDIATELY contact NHS119 to explain they have had a screening COVID-19 PCR test which has returned a positive result. The likelihood is that NHS119 will instruct that person and anyone who has had prolonged close contact with them to self-isolate in-line with current government guidelines.
Additionally, we will notify the Department of Health and may require the tested person to provide additional information.
For further guidance please visit the NHS website.
Yes all of our COVID-19 RT-qPCR tests can detect all currently known variants* of the coronavirus.
*Information provided kit manufacturer (28th January 2021) and correct at this time
No, the specified turnaround time is the time our laboratory requires to analyse your sample and determine the result. The specified turnaround times are from receipt of your samples into our laboratory. If you require your test result within a specific timeframe, please ensure you factor in the additional time required to order and return your test kit.