COVID-19 PCR TESTING LABORATORY
Why use our PCR COVID-19 testing service?
We are listed on Government website/GOV.UK and testing is performed in a laboratory with an ISO17025 quality system. Please refer to our current Schedule of Accreditation for information on our accredited tests. We provide COVID-19 RT-qPCR testing and results within 24 hours of your sample being received.
In our specialist laboratories, we are able to analyse your swab sample using advanced DNA analysis to determine if Coronavirus is present. Unlike many other providers who act as agents, you will deal directly with the laboratory carrying out your test.
COVID-19 PCR Testing for Travel
MANDATORY ARRIVALS TESTING
Day 2 and Day 8 Testing During Quarantine
For for all International arrivals into England, mandatory COVID-19 PCR tests to be taken on Day 2 and Day 8 of quarantine.
Test to Release – Day 5 of self-isolation
You can reduce your time in quarantine with a Test to Release PCR test to be taken on day 5 of your self-isolation. If your result is negative, you can exit self-isolation early.
Diagnostic COVID-19 PCR Testing
DIAGNOSTIC CORONAVIRUS TESTING
COVID-19 PCR Testing for Individuals
Be sure of your COVID status before visiting friends or family. MTD provide COVID testing results in as little as 24hrs, for all possible occasions where a COVID-19 q-PCR test may be needed.
COVID-19 PCR Workplace Testing
WORKPLACE PCR TESTING
COVID-19 PCR Testing for Businesses
MTD offer comprehensive, scalable, bespoke COVID-19 q-PCR diagnostic testing either as a one off exercise or regular testing to monitor and control the spread of the virus for all sectors. This allows your employees to safely return to work and keeps your workforce COVID free.
Order your COVID-19 PCR test
Amber Country – Day 2 and Day 8 COVID-19 Travel Tests for International Arrivals£190.00
Green Country – Day 2 COVID-19 Travel Test for International Arrivals£115.00
Amber Country (Short Stay) – Day 2 COVID-19 Travel Test for International Arrivals£115.00
COVID-19 RT-qPCR Test for Travel – Priority 24 hrs – By Courier£150.00
COVID-19 RT-qPCR Test for Travel – Urgent Same Day Results – By CourierPOA
COVID-19 qPCR Test to Release – Priority 24 hr Results – Courier Service£150.00
COVID-19 qPCR Test to Release – Urgent Same Day Results – Courier ServicePOA
Coronavirus COVID-19 RT-qPCR Swab Home Test Kit – Priority 24 hrs£180.00
Coronavirus COVID-19 RT-qPCR Swab Home Test Kit – Standard 36-48 hrs£95.00
24 hour COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to your door
We offer free tracked postage with all orders of our coronavirus tests and guaranteed next day delivery for our Priority 24 hour service.
If you place your order prior to 12pm Monday – Friday, your order will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed after 12pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. Your COVID-19 home testing kit will be delivered in a discrete package, by Royal Mail or one of our designated courier services to the address of your choice.
The benefits of our Coronavirus PCR testing service
- We conduct the RT-qPCR test, which is the “gold standard” with the highest sensitivity.
- Lowest occurrence of incorrect results 1, 7 of any of the tests currently available.
- Detects low levels of infection 2 which many fast tests cannot.
- Detects all currently known variants* of COVID-19.
- Results certificate issued with all tests
- Results validated by scientists not automated.
- We ensure human genetic material is present as part of the test to ensure an accurate result.
- Official UK Government listed provider.
*Information provided kit manufacturer (28th January 2021) and correct at this time
1. Diagnostic testing and screening for SARS-CoV-2, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. 2. Options for the use of rapid antigen tests for COVID-19 in the EU/EEA and the UK: Technical Report, European Centre of Disease Prevention And Control. 3. International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol 99, pages 190-192 (October 2020). 4. A preliminary evaluation from Porton Down and Oxford University† throws little light on its performance in asymptomatic people or in the field. It suggests the test misses between one in two and one in four cases. The false positive rate of 0.6% means that at the current prevalence in Liverpool, for every person found truly positive, at least one other may be wrongly required to self-isolate. As prevalence drops, this will become much worse.” Mass testing for covid-19 in the UK, BMJ 2020; 371 doi: 5. Scientists urge caution on use of lateral flow tests to screen for Covid-19: Chemistry World, 18th November 2020. 6. Preliminary report from the Joint PHE Porton Down & University of Oxford SARS-CoV-2 test development and validation cell: rapid evaluation of lateral flow viral antigen detection devices (LFDs) for mass community testing. 8 Nov 2020. † Preliminary report from the Joint PHE Porton Down & University of Oxford SARS-CoV-2 test development and validation cell: rapid evaluation of lateral flow viral antigen detection devices (LFDs) for mass community testing. 8 Nov 2020. 7. UK abandons school Covid monitoring as testing devices divide public health scientists: Chemistry World, 25th January 2021.
Government listed laboratory for COVID-19 testing
Your swab will be returned to our laboratories for full analysis by our team of scientists.
Analysis will be made using a real-time test based on the reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) to detect the genetic code (RNA) of the SARS-COV-2 virus, the virus that causes COVID–19.
Results of your tests are typically available within 24-48 hours of arriving in our laboratories depending on the service you request.
To ensure best results you should self-swab on the day of posting back to our laboratories. If this is not possible the evening before returning your sample to our laboratories is acceptable.
Once the swab is taken and during transit it does not need special storage or handling, but should not be exposed to excessive temperatures. For example storing the swab kit in a hot car (above 28°C) could render the sample unfit for testing.
If you require your results quickly, our priority service guarantees your results within 24 hours after your sample arrives at our laboratory.
With our standard service, your results will normally be ready within 36-48 hours after we receive your sample. Our scientists will ensure that you receive your results as soon as possible.
Please note – our laboratories operate a limited weekend service. If your sample window requires that your test is taken or processed over the weekend contact the laboratory to confirm testing available with view to scheduling a slot. Failure to do this may cause a further delay of 24-48 hours. Slots are offered on a first come basis.
Results will be emailed to the nominated recipient within 24 hours (priority service) and 36-48 hours (standard service) after receipt of the test sample at our laboratories. An official laboratory analysis certificate will be sent to you via email, to serve as proof of your result.
This report will contain details of the test performed including:
- Your name
- Infectious disease tested
- Date of sample
- Testing date
- Test method
- Results summary
- Test provider
- Passport number
COVID-19 is a new, notifiable disease, which means that it’s a legal requirement for MTD to inform Public Health if a positive result is recorded. An individual advised of a positive result, is required to IMMEDIATELY contact NHS119 to explain they have had a screening COVID-19 PCR test which has returned a positive result. The likelihood is that NHS119 will instruct that person and anyone who has had prolonged close contact with them to self-isolate in-line with current government guidelines.
Additionally, we will notify the Department of Health and may require the tested person to provide additional information.
For further guidance please visit the NHS website.
Yes all of our COVID-19 RT-qPCR tests can detect all currently known variants* of the coronavirus.
*Information provided kit manufacturer (28th January 2021) and correct at this time
No, the specified turnaround time is the time our laboratory requires to analyse your sample and determine the result. The specified turnaround times are from receipt of your samples into our laboratory. If you require your test result within a specific timeframe, please ensure you factor in the additional time required to order and return your test kit.